Tuesday, May 8, 2012

"To the Fairest"

After my attempt at embroidery and making Japanese cloth flowers, I tried to sew some other easy projects. This time I was inspired by a picture on the magazine Marie Clare Idees, in which some small cloth hand-sewed green apples are showed as decorative objects to bring a refreshing look to your house on spring days.
I made my cloth apples a bit more colorful and useful by adding some fruity fragrance beads to turn them into fragrance bags for my wardrobe to keep my clothes always smell as lovely as a fruit basket.
Sewing these apples reminded me of the Apple of Discord in the Greek mythology. Since I'm a peace-lover, I ensure that my sweet apples (and the pear, of course) won't lead anyone to the Trojan War.


1 comment:

  1. These look super cute. Are you going to make a snail too?

    ReplyDelete