Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Language of flowers: Phlox

Language of flowers: Phlox - "Our souls are united."
"A garden without a phlox is not only a mistake, but also a sin against summer." - Karl Foerster, gardener and garden writer
A phlox may not have a stunning beauty, but its gentle scent is just lovely. I love to receive flowers and actually receive them currently quite often. "What a lucky girl!" is what I talk about myself now. I have thought about creating a series of botanical drawings of the flowers I received. Each flower in the drawings will carry with it a common symbolic definition according to Western Culture.
Over the years I will have a great collection of drawings of flowers or plants people gave me, which is likewise a hand-made dictionary of the language of flowers, a nearly forgotten way of communication, and a treasure chest filled with warm memories of loving and being loved.

  “I must have flowers, always, and always.”- Claude Monet

No comments:

Post a Comment